Monday, March 9, 2015

Become Even As Little Children!

Hola Familyyyyy!!

This week was HUGE, just like every other week!!  Haha!

The highlights were noche de hogan (family home evening) with familia Ferreira Pavon!!  These little kids are some of my favorites!  I just love them!!  Tami is the littlest one (she's four) and she now knows how to count from 1 to 10 in English!  Haha!  She is so funny - she always wants to play with her bag of little broken toys and talk in "English" where she makes up words that she thinks sound like real English words!!  Hahaha!




At major milestones missionaries like to ceremonially burn something, just for fun, to commemorate the occasion (like Elders might burn a tie or a shirt at the one year mark)... So, since I celebrated 6 months last week AND wore the first huge hole right through the heel of my shoe - I decided it was time to burn them!!!  Haha!  Hence the ceremonial shoe burning! :D


ANDDDD the best highlight of the week... Our lovely little 9 year old, Mariana Caballero Mencia, was baptized!! And it was SO beautiful!! :) She is so special!



The day turned out to be a little crazy!  Hna Mera and I ran all over the place to make sure everything was set (because naturally, things fell through last minute!  Ha!)  But it didn't even matter or even begin to take away from her baptism! :)

This little girl has such a special connection, a personal connection, with all things spiritual!  Like the first time she ever prayed she ended the prayer in tears... When I asked her why she was crying, all she could manage to say was "because I am just so happy, I got to talk to my Heavenly Father and I know he loves me"!  And the day of her baptism - She came out of the font with tears streaming down her cheeks and she gave me the biggest hug in the world!  I asked her again why she was crying... this time all she could say was "Thank you"!  She later told us just how happy she felt and how she knew she was part of Chirst's church!  And again, after her confirmation... it was maybe even more special! :)  Mariana explained to us what it meant for her to be able to have the Holy Ghost - She just blows me away!! :) 


It's so special to see somebody, even one so young, recieve such a personal and spiritual witness.  It really proves to me just how real it is when the Spirit testifies.  And when the Lord states that we must become even as little children...  become humble, meek, mild, ready to recieve and act on the instructions we recieve from our Heavenly Father...  He means we should be just like Mariana! :)

I love you all! I hope everything is well with everyone! :) You guys are always in my prayers!

XOXO
Hermana Fardos

No comments:

Post a Comment