Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My Last Change!!

Hi Everyone!!

Well, changes came to the mission... for everyone else but us!!  Hna Jara and I will stay in Asuncion for another six weeks!!  I couldn't be more excited!!  She is the sweetest little Peruvian!!  I love her, she's such a sweetheart and a doll!!  The area we are in is called 'Moroni' and it is FANTASTIC!!  It is so lovely!!  And the temple is in our area, and every Monday, we stop by to clean it! :) It's so special to go inside and help maintain and care for this precious place that others paid such a price to provide for us!!  Being inside, even to clean, you can just feel the Spirit and know that it is here, in the temple, families come together to be sealed for time and all eternity!  

On that note about feeling the Spirit -- this week I found myself thinking and meditating a lot on the greatness of God.  I was pondering about my relationship with my Father in Heaven, I was thinking about my resurected and perfect older brother, Jesus Christ; and I was thinking about the scriptures, and the temple... I was deep in thought and pondering the many blessings and miracles and mysteries of God.  Today I woke up early (because the wind outside was blowing so powerfully) and when I stepped out on the back patio, I looked up at the sky and was momentarily blown away at the sight before me... I looked up into the huge South American sky and there was no sky, just swirling clouds of gray and white and black with a hue of red sneaking through... It was awesome, just a marvelous sight -- and in the moment I was just in awe of our Heavenly Father... I couldn't speak, I could just watch, and as I took in the greatness and grandeur of it, a scripture came to mind... it is in Psalms and it reads...
 “Be still, and know that am God.” 11 

I can't tell you how many times I have read that scripture. Haha!  But in that moment, it just had so much truth and power to it, it was a living scripture and I witnessed it.  And I just wanted to share with all of you, that I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ, the Son of the living-God also lives, and sits on the right hand of the Father.  I know that they are in control.  I know that they love us and everything that the Father has done, since before the world was created, has been done for the infinite love He has for us -- and I know that whatever things happen in the future will be directed or allowed by Him, because of that infinite love. Trust in Him, love Him and be still and know that He is God. 

I hope in the craziness of the week, we all might be able to take a personal quiet moment to ponder and look to our Heavenyl Father. That we might look to strengthen our relationship with Him and the Son. That we might speak to them often and love them more and more each day.  We are Children of God, and our God is an awesome God!! :)

I love you all!!
Hermana Lauren Fardos

Some pictures...

I was able to see Silvanna!!  She is my sweet friend from Mariano Roque Alonso and is now serving as a local missionary until her call comes!!  It's so great to see her in a missionary name tag!! :D 



I got to visit Isla Bogado (my first area in Paraguay)!!...


Francisco!!  The first Paraguayan I got to teach and see accept this beautiful gospel!!  We bought him a tie for his baptism, and now he bought me this Paraguayan shirt!!  I love it, and I love him!!  Such a special man!! 




Above: My precious Zaya and Estigarribia families!!  I love them so much!!

And the rest below are a little Pday fun at Smuchis with Hna Jara, B, and Ashby!!





And yes, we have matching grey shirts with matching sweaty shoulder strap marks from our backpacks!! Oh, and sweaty wet hair too!! :D

1 comment: