Monday, October 13, 2014

Hola!! From a Real Life Missionary Serving in Paraguay!!

Familia!!!!

Hola everyone!  So, as I was sitting here on this computer...  it shut down and I lost a solid hour... So, this letter is me trying to literally 'make up for lost time!'  I apologize if it's short, just know it's written with LOTS OF LOVE :) !!!  Also, there has been so much that has happened over the last 10 days - I have to apologize if I'm scattered or forget to include something!

The mission field is SOOOO AMAZING!  I love it so much here!  I have an amazing companion, Hermana Curi!  She is so tiny... my feet and hands are twice as big as hers and I am twice as tall!  Haha  But despite her small size, she has a HUGE testimony and love for people.  She has taught me so much and we are continually becoming more and more in sync, its so cool!!

We might have a baptism in a week!  His name is F and he is amazing!  He lived in Argentina for a really long time and now lives in Paraguay, so he loves it when the Argentine accent slips out every now and then. Haha!  Our last lesson was on the Plan of Salvation and, Whoa, was that special!  Hermana Curi and I both got to share some very special experiences, the Spirit was so strong.  It was such a testimony builder that the Spirit really is the one teaching.  Those words that we shared were not our own, they were of the Spirit.

On Sunday, I got to go up and bare my testimony in Spanish... that was pretty intimidating Ha!, but it was great!

We also have a girl named B (pictured below), she is 14... She is considered inactive, but I object to that :) Haha!  She has taught with us a few times and she came to church with her family last Sunday.  She is so special and has such and amazing and sweet testimony of the truth :)


Paraguay is so beautiful, but, BOY, IS IT HOT!!!  I don't think I've ever sweat as much as I have this last week! Haha!!  But it's awesome!

CONFERENCE!  Wow!!  Was conference amazing or was it amazing!?!  I'm convinced that everyone should serve a mission because watching conference as a missionary really makes you realize just how inspired the messages are!!  I have never craved the words of the prophets so much, nor have I ever taken so many notes!!... I literally went through a whole pen!.... And it was a new pen!!..... (I dont know if that's a testament of how much I wrote or how poor the quality of my pen is) haha but WOW!.  The way Elder Bednar described the love and intentions behind missionary work was amazing!!  The way Elder Uchtdorf made us really evauate ourselves with the question "Lord is it I" rather that look to cast judgement and make assumptions of other people.  I loved the saying "walking where the lord walked is not nearly as important as walking AS the lord walked"!!

What a blessing it is to be here in Paraguay!  What a blessing it is to be a member of this church!  What a blessing it is to be a child of God!

I love you all!  And I am sorry this letter isn't longer.  But I love you!!!

Keep making good choices and always remeber what we are striving for... To live with our Heavenly Father again and to bring as many people as we can with us!!

Love,

Hermana Fardos

PS... My new 'cousin' Elder Turley, is emailing right next to me!! Our Mom's share a cousin, Travis Staker,... that's way cool, right!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment