Monday, November 9, 2015

FEVER!!

FAMILY!!!!

Well, the theme song to my week would have to be Elvis Presley, FEVER!!  Although, the lyrics would have to be slightly modified... Haha!!  (Totally reminds me of my little baby video Dad!!  Good times!!)  Haha!!

Any way, this week was a huge week of changes!!!!! SO MANY!!! This week 15 missionaries finished and 8 new missionaries came into the field (7 Elders and 1 Hermana, Hna Diaz from Argentina, Tigre!).  I had a really cool chance to get to know the new missionaries and work with Hna Diaz for a day... we got to contact and teach lessons. It was so sweet being able to share some of her first mission moments with her! :) Now she is with her trainer and they are going to be AWESOME together!! :) I’m excited to hear about all the great things they will do!

I also got to meet my NEW COMP!!  I have so enjoyed my companionship with Hna Ashby... what a sweet time that was.  She is still in Pedro Juan, so I’ll get to see her in divisions!! :) 

But (drum roll pleaseeee...) my new companion is HNA FARISH from St George, Utah!!  She’s awesome!!  She has exactly 4 weeks more than I do in the mission field. In fact, I was going to leave the CCM in her group, but I decided to stay a full 6 weeks there; she came to Paraguay left before I -- but we were actually good friends over there!  She is the new Hna Leader and is AWESOME!  And this week we have gotten to know each other SUPER well!... but that’s another story... OK, I’ll tell you all about it!!

So, I have been really sick again... It started on Monday, I thought I was just coming down with a cold or something... so, I took some cold medicine and went to bed.  As soon as I hit the bed, I got SO hot and then so cold... we took my temp and it was 102.

NEXT DAY- I wake up bright and early and we keep on working. I was thinking that maybe I was feeling a bit better, but my back was really hurting and I was extremely dizzy and started feeling like I was going to collapse.... but it was the day of changes, so, I took my Tylenol and my new comp and I went to our new area and started working.  When we got home, I literally couldn’t stand any longer, I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach and I was so cold.  We took my temperature and it was hanging at 103.

FOLLOWING DAY- Since the moment I got up... I knew I wasn’t good, but I took my Tylenol and kept on going.  I took my temperature in the morning, and my fever came back down to 102,  so we went out and worked. I didn’t want to complain but I mentioned to my comp that I wasn’t feeling too well.  She knew about the fever and some of the other symptoms, but neither of us was thinking it would be a big deal.  In spite of trying to just work through it, my condition was declining, so I finally I told her I needed to call Hna McMullin... we got a doctors appointment that afternoon, and instead of sending me home, I was admitted to the hospital now holding a fever of 104.

We spent the next 3 days in the hospital and although it wasn’t what I would have planned as the ideal start to a new companionship, it resulted in AWESOME pillow talk!! :)  



Long story short, I'm feeling good now (suspected infection caused the fever, etc), the antibiotics are working; I loved getting to know Hna Farish; I learned the difference between complaining and just being honest about the condition of health... like, if you have a fever and your whole body is telling you to stop... you should stop. Ha!  It’s impressive how the Spirit can communicate those thoughts to us (I know that it spoke to me)... so, I also learned that I need to be better at listening. :)

I also believe that this detour we had was inspired, because it gave me and Hna Farish a really good opportunity to get to know each other before starting a crazy big and very busy change. Hospital time translated into a beautiful start of what will be a great friendship and companionship. Heavenly Father really is Perfect.

So, my new area is Salado, Limpio! :) I’m so looking forward to getting to know all of the members and making new contacts!

And, even though I am a little cabeza dura (hard headed) with my body/health sometimes... EL señor es perfecto y nunca se equivoca!! (God is perfect and doesn’t make mistakes) :)

XOXOXO 
Hermana Fardos

PS. Have a great week and go make somebody SMILE:)

Philipians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment