Monday, September 28, 2015

Changes!!

HELLOOOO!!!

Well, Changes came!... and Wahooooo!!. Hna Ashby and I STAYYYYY!! :) We are so very, very happy for that! :) She is a gem and we are so excited for the next 6 weeks the Lord has given us together!!  But, changes still brought a few surprises... I will now have 2 companions. I will continue with Hermana Ashby, but I will also begin to work with Hna Moreno as Hermana Training Leaders.  Hna Moreno and I will be working with the other Hermanas in the mission half the week – and for the other half, I will stay here and work with Hna Ashby! :)  I am ready to work hard and be added upon so that we can reach all of our goals and see the blessings.

I know that I will get to learn so much from all of the Hermanas we have out here and I am so very excited!  It will be incredibly special to get to know all of them and see them all in action!  These ladies are truly marvelous!!

Changes also brought some new people to Pedro Juan Caballero.... remember my good friends from Mariano?!  Well, Elder Carpio (from El Salvador) and Elder Caicedo (from Colombia) BOTH came out here to Pedro Juan!!  What are the odds?!  I love it!!  They joke that now we are only missing the rest of the Mariano Crew and then things would be perfect!  Haha!  It’s going to be a great 6 weeks here, full of hard work, good laughs, and helping people come unto Christ!  And I know we’ll make good memories too! 


Of all the new investigators we have, I would like to take a minute to tell you about C M!  She was a lady we contacted about a month ago. We felt inspired to go back last week and visit her... so we did!

C didn’t have that much faith in God, she wasn’t even sure if He existed.  And if He did, she was very angry and frustrated with Him, because she had passed through some very hard experiences in her life and felt like maybe God had abandoned her.  She would find herself asking, ‘God? Where were you in my suffering? Why did you leave me?’

We began to talk with her about the way to develop faith, and how we can recognize the Spirit and WHO God really is and His son Jesus Christ... It was such a beautiful lesson -- the Spirit was definitely the guide.  At the end, C said that she wants to try.  She wants to have faith in our Heavenly Father and that she is ready to feel happy again. She gave the closing prayer, humbly asking to know and humbly asking to be softened and illuminated that she might feel the Lords presence and that she might feel of her worth in the Lords eyes.  When she finished it was quiet, and so peaceful.  I asked her how she felt right then and she said she felt at peace and that it has been a very long time since she has felt that way. :) She is excited to go forward in faith and try something new and we are so very excited for her progress! :)

GENERAL CONFERENCE IS COMING UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!  I am so excited and I can’t wait to find out who the new apostles will be and have the opportunity to sustain them! :)

Well I’ve got to go catch a bus...  But I love you guys so much!  Please take care and go make someone smile!! :) 

XOXO
Hermana Fardos


No comments:

Post a Comment