Monday, August 24, 2015

Yes, We Did Carry Those Huge Watermelons Home... And Yes, It Was Raining!!


Hermana Ashby, my new companion is great!  She’s got a stand out personality and we are really enjoying our time together.  This is one truly happy companionship and we are working SO HARD!  Covering a lot of ground and making sure that every ear has heard the message of Jesus Christ and the restoration. We sleep really good at night #exhausted!!

I’ll tell you a little bit about my week, but I’ll just start with the highlights, and get to some of the details after... So, we had Zone Conference and interviews with President.  We had a very fun PDay today playing soccer all day, piki volley, eating big-ol-salads and ice cream (and you know how much I love my salads and ice cream!! ;) Ha!!)!  We bought watermelons -- they were HUGEEE!!... (but I don’t think we fully considered the fact that we would have to walk home with them)!!  So, yes, we carried them home... and yes, it rained all the way home... naturally!! :D Haha!! 



In spite of the whacky rain, it’s getting hotter and I got sunburned... and in spite of the warmer temperatures, I got so sick that I lost my voice... yeah I couldn’t talk at all!  it was no bueno!!  We also had divisions with the hermana leaders, and our investigators are starting to show fruits... o sea, they are progressing!! :D!  So I would say YES!!  That definitely makes it a good week!!

My new comp really is lovely! She is about as tall as I am, beautiful blue eyes, outgoing, funny, and has such a sweet testimony. She is so my speed and we really enjoy teaching the lessons together!  We have been feeling the Spirit very present here these last two weeks!!  Such a gift!! :)

As I mentioned, I did get SO very sick this week. I am getting over it now... but, wow, it got me good.  I could not talk at all, I am still struggling to get words out... but at least it’s sounding more like words and not just sounds and squeaks and what not. It actually really strengthened my testimony about prayer though... that is for sure.

I could not talk, I really couldn’t, and every time I tried I went into a coughing attack... So I found myself praying repeatedly throughout the day that in all of our lessons, I could speak; that I could say the things that He would have me say and that I could continue with my missionary calling.  And you know what, in every lesson we had... I managed to talk. It really wasn’t pretty. but the words came out and the Spirit was there and it wasn’t interrupted with fits of coughing – and that’s what matters. And after every lesson my voice left again, and I went into those coughing attacks.  It really is amazing how the Lord will sustain us all, so that we can fulfill our duties and tasks! :) I know that our Heavenly Father hears our prayers and that he answers them too!! :)

I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and is always there with us. :) He hasn’t ever forgotten about us and will never forget about us! One of the greatest witnesses of that is the Book of Mormon. Christ the Lord, lived and ministered to God’s children in the Middle East, He performed miracles and served in that place on the Earth as detailed in the Bible... BUT our Heavenly Father is PERFECT and He does not make mistakes! :) And when his only begotten Son, having been perfect, crucified, and resurrected, He sent Christ to visit His other children, my very own ancestors, here, in the Americas!!  What a wonderful feeling it is to know that Christ the Lord came to this land, our land, to teach our family... to teach us!! :)  Christ taught here, just like he did in Jerusalem, he blessed, healed, comforted, as well.  He ordained men unto the various offices of His Church and He showed us the marks on His hands, feet and on His sides showing us the prophecies of the prophets had been fulfill and that He loves us.... SO MUCH!! :) The Book of Mormon talks of all of this, and does it better than I can. What a special gift it is to have the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, and have the knowledge of Christ coming to the Americas!! :) I know that He loves us and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I pray that we may all take the time to open it and learn for ourselves of its divinity!! :)

I love you all!
Hermana Fardos

John 15.13

D&C 6. 37

No comments:

Post a Comment