Monday, August 10, 2015

Thank You for All of the Love!!


Hello Helloooooo!!

It’s meeee!!

Well, I have to just start by saying THANK YOU to the Pointer Family, Abu, and Mom for the all the love... I really appreciate it, you are such special people!

This week the sun is coming back out.... Yeah, that cold winter ice age phase has left the building and in comes the hot fire lava sun thing that sits in the sky above Paraguay!! Haha!! The temperatures are starting to rise. I’m excited to see what fun shoe tan lines await us this summer!! :)

My shoes had begun to wear out again... and a little faster this time... I actually walked 2 holes through them the other day!  (Don’t worry Mom, I still have a  pair of the Naots) But I needed one more to be good.  So last Pday, I actually bought a pair of Crocs (not like the old summer duck shoes) but these little sister missionary maryjane type shoes and they are SO very comfortable!  Asi que, Mom, I don’t think I’ll need shoes for the rest of the mission, we are good in that department and my feet are happy! Haha... I also won’t need any more socks. :)

Mañana will be the day when we find out who stays and who goes. *cue the music* ‘Should I stay or should I go now?’ Ha!!  There is always such anticipation right before changes!

This week has been good, although we worked really hard and we faced a lot of rejection, literally doors shut in our faces, people gave us back Books of Mormon -- it was really hard... But somehow it really strengthened my testimony of this gospel and this work. This is the Lords work :) And in spite of the discouragement, I feel blessed to participate in it. :)

I know that this is the church of Jesus Christ,  He and our Father in Heaven sit at the head of it, guiding us through their living prophets. I know that our Heavenly Father personally calls prophets to guide us, to give us current, modern-day revelation and help us learn how to live in a fallen world but without becoming part OF it. They teach us about the one and only way to return to the presence of our Creator.  I testify that Priesthood power is real -- I have seen it heal broken people. It is the same authority that the Lord used to create the world, heal the sick, and raise the dead -- and it is the same authority that He now entrusts the willing and worthy men of His church.  I testify the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know this to be true. I know that this book contains the fullness of the gospel, and that this sacred volume of scripture, with the Bible, leaves us with no unanswered questions. We can find all of the answers we could ever need to navigate this life and return to our Eternal Father. I know that Our Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I know that Christ, the Lord, is a perfect, resurrected being who LIVES like you and I live! :) And that their only desire is too see us all back in their presence one day!! :)

I love you all so much and I hope your week is wonderful!  Be good and take care!

Do something special today and make someone smile!! :)

Hermana Fardos   

No comments:

Post a Comment