Monday, July 6, 2015

Bearing Our Burdens With Patience and Faith!

Hey you guys!!! 

Well, changes came and went once again!  Next month marks my year out here in the field too... woah haha. Crazy, right?! This cambio brought big changes to our District... Three of our 8 missionaries left. Elder Jacobsen went somewhere in Limpio, Elder Watson also went to Limpio and Hna Dunagan went back home to California! Yup, she finished the mission!!

Me and my companion have another change to work hard and grow together. :) We are excited, this change should be really good. We have some beautiful investigators who are progressing and we are also preparing a family of recent converts to be sealed in the Temple. Wow, missionary work is a special work! :)

This week the cold came in and it came hard! Our house actually has a solid wind that runs through it!  Haha!! So I have developed a new habit of sleeping with my space heater and filling water bottles with hot water and putting those in my blankets.  It's quite a fun experience, and it's quite a learning experience too.  I'm learning a lot of fun tips and tricks. If the 'zombie apocolypse' were a real thing... I would totally be able to survive!! ;) Haha! (and don't worry Mom... I don't need more jackets!! :) But thank you for thinking of me!) :)

This week, we had some really cool and spiritual experiences. I learned so much. I wish I could just scan my personal study journal over, that would probably be the easiest way, haha, but since my journals at home.. let me tell you about one of the things I learned this week. It has to do with the title of my email. Bearing our burdens with patience and faith :)  In the scrptures, Nephi is a fantastic expample... over the last 3 weeks I have just been studying Nephi alone! When I was reading chapter 7 (basically Nephi up to this point and again in later chapters... has endured many many many challenges with his brothers -- they ridicule him, abuse him, question him, just about any way you can attack a person.. they did it. But Nephi is a constant example of bearing our burdens with patience and faith)  Now, back to 1 Nephi Chapter 7...  here his brothers tie him up... they tie him right up and he cant move, they were going to leave him for dead.  But Nephi says a faithful and oh so humble prayer.  He said:

O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.

He didn't ask that his situation would change... he didn't ask why these things were happening. He took it with patience and having faith in the Lord, he humbly asked that the Lord could help him endure this challenge and come out conquerer, that he might have the strength to endure. And in that very moment, the Lord blessed him with strength to face his situation and fulfill the wil of the Lord. It's one small verse, but wow it's powerful!

Patience and faith are two special attribtes... they are not attributes that we recieve alone. They come from our Heavenly Father.  Our trials, our tests, our hardships... whatever they may be, are for our good. The Lord has promised us that. And He only asks that we endure these hard moments with patience and with faith in Him.  As we place our faith in him and we bear these burdens with patience, we become sufficiently humble to see the doors that the Lord is opening and we will be able to LEARN from these life experiences. It is my prayer that we all continue fighting the good fight! :) After all, we know who's team is the winning team!! :) Don't lose hope in the last quarter!! :)

I love you all so much! You are all beautiful people! :)
Be good!
Until Monday!
Hna Fardos


No comments:

Post a Comment