Monday, January 26, 2015

Going to the Chapel!!

Wow, such a big, long week, but an amazing week!!

This week we worked so hard - with all our heart, might, mind, and strength!!  This morning when we woke up we just cancelled our pday plans and decided to write letters, run, nap, and read general conference talks... we are just way too wiped out to do anything else!  It's a crazy cylce, the missionary life, but, I wouldn't have it any other way! :) 

So, just to give you some context, I dont know if I've ever shared it before, but our area (de Hermana V and I) used to be covered by 2 companionships.  So, it's a pretty big area.  We cover two areas and there are 4 more areas covered by two pairs of Elders.  Well.... long story short, one of the pairs of Elders is gone now, so, Hermana Valenzuela y Yo have 4 areas - just to ourselves!!  O sea, it's a good thing we have good shoes because we are walking a LOTTTTT!!  :)

This week we chose to work so hard to help every single person come back to church.  Whether they were recent converts, menos activos, investigators o lo que sea... we really tried to find out how we could help them poder ir  a la iglesia and understand the WHY behind it.  :)  Because like Christ said, man wasn't made for the sabbath, the sabbath was made for man!!  :)  We need that day of rest and the opportunity to worship and be uplifted (But thats a whole other email!!  Haha!!)  Our efforts really paid off and made this Sunday so sweet because we had 141 people in attendance!  The chapel was packed!!!! :)  And the thing that made it the sweetest, was seeing everyone AFTER church!!

Seeing everyone AFTER they had partaken of the sacrament, AFTER they had listened to the lessons and talks that were prepared, AFTER they had gotten to partake of that special Spirit found in The Lords dedicated house of worship!! :)  Everyone was SO HAPPY!!  It was a happiness you can't describe with words - but rather, you must feel!  It's so genuine, it's so real - you can almost touch it!  It's really amazing how church can really recharge our batteries!  It's like starting new every week, it is the place to recieve the answers to the questions of your heart... it is everything!

Epecially the sacrament!!  This is the amazing gift, the time that we have to participate fully in the atonement of Christ.  If for no other reason, this is reason enough to go to church each week!!  I could go on and on about it, but there's someone who says it better than I do!   And that is Cheryl A Esplin and her talk on the Sacrament.   You can click on the link and read it for yourself!!


I am so grateful for church, and I am so grateful for the sacrament.  I'm grateful for the time it gives me to reflect, repent, and start the week new!  :)  To feel of the atoning power of Jesus Christ. 

Repentance isn't a punishement... rather, one of the biggest gifts we have been given. Repentance means turning away from the mistakes or poor choices you're making and turning back to the path that leads to Eternal Life! :)  It's changing your view, and aligning your will with that of Heavenly Father and continuing with Him as your guide!  Keeping your eligibility to have the Holy Ghost as your constant companion to testify the truthfulness of all things and provide you with the inspiration to continue doing the things The Lord would have us do!  And we get to do that every time we take the sacrament!!

I love this gospel!  I love my Heavenly Father!  I love Jesus Christ!  I know they live, I know it with every fiber of my being! :)

Have a lovely week everyone!! :)
XOXO!
Hermana Lauren Nicole Fardos


PS. KAYLAN YOU'RE ENGAGED!!!  Okay, Yup, I like him!!  Paul is a keeper!!  And you two are so cute together!!  I approve (because I know you've been waiting for my approval! ;) Haha!!).  Just promise me this engagement will be a year long so I can be there with you at the Temple!! ;) Les digo no mas!  I'm so happy for you guyssss!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment