Monday, November 24, 2014

Another Semana Here in Paraguay!

FAMILYYYYYY!!

This keyboard I am using is broken and I can't use exclammation marks or insert smiley faces.... Please know that this is killing me! Haha!!  I hope that you guys can feel all of the smiley faces and exclamation marks while reading.  Here we go!..insert smiley face here... :)
WE HAD BAPTISMSSSSSSS!  Antonella, who is eight years old... and her sister Jacquelin, who is ten years old.  It was probably the most beatiful service of my LIFE!!  Antonella y Jacquelin, while they might be young in age, are so mature in their understanding of the gospel... They have such strong testimonies that radiate in their presence (and even more so in their smiles!).  Their Mom's family is all members (just about)... and their Mom has the desire to join the fellowship and be baptized.  Their Dad is Catholic, but because of the influence and example of his sweet princesses, he too has the desire to come to know this ´something more´! 

The baptism service was so special, their Mom and Dad both came and SOOOO MUCH family - all non members or members becoming active again... we ran out of seats!!  And it was standing room only because their were so many people The Bishop came and he shared a beautiful testimony, speaking so directly to the girl's parents, with such a love for them, it was so special to be there for it!!  Hermana Curi and I also prepared a special hymn... I had never heard it before my mission... it's a primary song and the lyrics are so lovely.  I am going to try and bring them next week to share with you guys, it really is so lovely!!


Antonella y Jacquelin's parents aren't married, but their Mom has told us ´si o si voy a casarme en la iglesia de los mormones´and that ´si o si voy a irme a la capilla Domingo´ (Yes, I'll get married in the Mormon church, and yes, I'll go to church on Sunday)... And would't you know, come Sunday, BOTH of the parents came to church for ALL THREE HOURSSSSS!!.... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!  I know, its crazy Happy, right?!  Their Mom now wants to take the lessons for herself, and their Dad wants to listen in!...  So, this week we have to focus BIG on Antonella y Jacquelin's Mom, to teach her and help her develop a testimony for herself and begin to teach their Dad too!  So that he might come to know that which has made his family so happy!! I am so excited for this family!!...SMILEY FACEEEE :)
Other than that, I just want to give a huge WELCOME BACK TO TJJJJJ!!  Woah, I can't believe you're home all ready!!...  Give the family a big hug for me and know that I am SO grateful for the example you have set for all of us You are the definition of 'work your hardest and return with honor'!!

The weather is HOT, with some rain on and off...  The collectives (buses) get crazier and crazier and my companion and I have been getting closer and closer...  It's such a special thing to be here in Paraguay.  We had interviews with President McMullin this week and it was so cool to get to meet with him and talk about the work of the Lord here in Isla Bogado.  This really is a part of the Lord's vineyard and I can't believe that I get to be here to help the work!... Wow what a blessing it is!!

Well guys, I dont have much more to report... but I just want you to know that this gospel is so true There is not a doubt in my mind.   I have prayed, I have read the scriptures, and I have sought to seek the truth for myself and I have found it.  For those of you who haven't had the chance to accecpt the invitation of Christ and ´come and see´...  I would love to encourage you to do it. Come... and see... experiment on these words and the sweet message of Christ.

I love you all so much!
Sending all my love from Paraguay!!
Hermana Fardos


No comments:

Post a Comment