Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas from Asuncion!!


Well, hello there family!! :) 

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE!!

Yes, I am doing so much better... I am back to being the energizer bunny and working like there's no tomorrow!! :)  Dengue is not fun... so promise me you will all be good about wearing bug spray in tropical climates!! Haha!  But I am very grateful for this last week because it really did leave me with sweet memories and great relationships -- with new sister missionaries and with my Heavenly Father! :)

Once released from the hospital herself, 
Lauren was able to return for a day and be the 
companion of another Hermana now recovering from dengue.

Special thanks for Debbie Craner for sharing this photo
of the Hermanas in Asuncion!!

Okay, back to business!!! Changes... I was transferred! I am now working in Asuncion!! :) I live in the same house as han Bringhurst (my previous companion and our Mission Nurse)... There are four of us, Hna Bringhurst and her companion Hna Nuckles, and then me and my new companion Hna Jara.  Hna Jara and I are working for all of Asuncion, we don't really have an 'area'. Why?  Well, because our assignment has changed a bit.  Let me explain...

So, the gospel of Jesus Christ is an amazing thing :) Learning how to excercise our faith and come unto Christ is special message -- and the blessing that families can be together forever is an amazing gift!!  And this message needs to be shared with EVERYONE!  Like it says in the scriptures... this message needs to sound in every ear! :) 

SO... here, in Paraguay, the greater Asuncion area is a destination... EVERYONE comes in to work from the neighboring cities and towns. There are young adults, studying and looking for guidance... There are Dads, looking to provide for their families they love so much... There are moms working hard also, to make sure that they can provide their children the best life they can... They come in early morning hours and fill the streets. The city becomes full of people at the break of day, but there is a problem.  At that hour... we don't have missionaries on the street yet because we are studying... But the gospel is for hard working, early risers too!!  Yes, ABSOLUTELY!! So President McMullin assigned me and Hna Jara as 'Hermana Travelers' Haha! O sea... our work day begins at 6:30 AM, literally by 6:30, we are on the street contacting, looking for people to teach and share these good tidings of great joy that Jesus Christ brought to us!! :) We then have the first lesson with them, whether it be in the mission home or in the home of the family we contacted... then we look to assist them to get acquainted and integrate in their own local gospel community... we will go to church with them on Sunday at what ever chapel is in their area.  Once we help them make the introductions and contacts, we pass the referral on to their local area Missionaries and continue to find people in Asuncion for what ever brings them there, who are ready to hear the gospel message!! 

It really is a whole different world in the morning. I am really enjoying it and I am learning so much as we go!! :) 

Hna Jara is fantastic!!  She is a cute little Peruvian who has 5 months in the mission - almost 6.  She has a beautiful spirit and smile and is excited to share the gospel!! It's going to be a sweet companionship!! :)

I am excited for this change... I know there is so much work to do, wherever we are sent! :) The gospel is meant for all of us, after all, we are ALL God's children... so we are going to hit the ground and run with it!! :)

But, before I go, I just want to take a minute and let you guys know what a special treat it was to be in Salado with Hna Farish. Hna Farish is another very special person. I really needed her last change. She was a great example to me of selfless love and desire to serve. With Hna Farish, we were able to leave the house every day with a burning desire to share the gospel. We worked hard and we saw miracles. One of those miracles being the baptism of the Arue Family.  I didn't get to be there for the baptism due to my dengue and hospital stay, but that's okay... because it is not MY baptism. I get to work in the field... but the success of the harvest belongs to the Lord. I am so grateful that I got to do my part in teaching them about this glorious message and am even more happy that they got to enter in the waters of baptism and begin this beatiful path of discipleship! 

I love you all!! :) Have a great week!
Hna Fardos!

No comments:

Post a Comment