Monday, October 12, 2015

Divisions, Zone Conference and Family Pictures!!

FAMILYYY! Well,  hello hello hello there!! :)

So... let’s start with my scripture of the week! This week I'm ponderizing Alma 5:40, which says... For I say unto you that whatsoever is good cometh from God, and whatsoever is evil cometh from the devil.

I love this scripture.. it is SO simple, but it says SO much. This morning when I picked this scripture to ponderize, it immediately made me think about my relationship with my Heavenly Father -- it made me think about just how much I love Him and how much more He loves me.  I began to think about all the good that has come to my life and I began to count my blessings, making that connection that all these good things really are blessings from my Heavenly Father.  I quickly became overwhelmed with just how good my Heavenly Father is to me. It has all ready strengthened my testimony of just how deep and pure His love is for us, his children! :)

I think I'm really going to like this whole ponderizing thing!  :)

But anyways back to the week!  It’s been a busy week of Divisions, Zone Conference, crazy storms, Hna Ashby was down with a bad back, but is doing so much better now (I got to play PT!! :)), and so many blessings!!

This week I was able to visit with Hna Larson and Hna Anazco! Hna Larson is a cute little southern blondie, who is the sweetest person in the world!!  And Hna Anazco, yes, was my sweet little Peruvian comp that left me 2 changes ago.  It was so great getting to work with them. They taught me so much about the importance of being patient in all things and seeking the good in everything. :) Also about the importance of sharing our testimonies with those we teach and come across.  I have loved getting to go to all these areas in Paraguay and having the opportunity to talk with everyone in our path. We have found people, prepared people, READY to receive the gospel -- and it just strengthened my testimony that the Lord is preparing people and we just need to take the time to be diligent and seek them out. :) 

ZONE CONFERENCE! I got to go to Asuncion and participate in a Zone Conferences where we talked about always having a plan and about the difference between a testimony and a conversion.... And I absolutely loved that.  We can’t afford to just have a testimony, we must make sure that we are converted :) 

Alma 5:26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?

ALSO at the Zone Conference, Hna Ashby, Hna Mera, Hna Bringhurst, and Hna Anazco were all there!!  And that was seriously just the coolest thing ever!  Having all those girls that I love so much there at once!!... So, we took a ‘family picture’ of all 5 of us together and that was such a sweet moment. When I met each of them, they were brand new to the field, each burning with a desire to work and learn!  And now I see them, some almost hitting the halfway mark in their missions and there they are -- still working hard but now their burning desire has become a firey testimony of this work and this gospel!  They teach with such power and they are so special!!  I love them so much!  (Hopefully Lauren will send the 'family picture' so we can share it here, but in the meantime, I have included the following photos of each of her beloved 'daughter' Hermanas)

(Hna Mera, Hna Fardos, & Hna Bringhurst in Mariano Alonzo - photo from earlier post)


 (Hna Anazco & Hna Fardos in Pedro Juan - photo from earlier post)

(Hna Fardos & Hna Ashby in Pedro Juan, current photo)


Ugghhh, I don’t know what else to say other than I AM JUST SO HAPPY TO BE HERE!! :) This is a beautiful work, one that brings about the salvation of man and seals families for eternity.  I know that God doesn’t just intend to save a few of His children, but rather ALL of His children who will give heed unto his word and rely upon the merits of Christ! :) I know that it matters not our circumstances or where we might be.... it is never too late for the Father.  It’s not the distance that matters to our Father, but rather, the direction in which we are facing.  If we look to Him and begin to take those steps towards him... the distance will begin to disappear...  Christ doesn’t make up the difference, he IS the difference!!

I love you all and I hope you guys have a fantastic week!  Say those prayers, read those scriptures and go make some body smile!! :)

XoXOxO

Hermana Fardos

No comments:

Post a Comment